Freedom from Smoking
Triple your chances of successfully breaking the smoking habit! *
To help free yourself of your smoking habit, Dr. Jean-Marc Assaad offers you the Lung Association’s gold-standard Freedom From Smoking® program.
This course (offered in both French and English) consists of 8 weekly sessions (50 minutes each), focussing on positive behaviour change.
Here are highlights of what’s covered in each session:
- Introduction and orientation
- Building motivation
- Continuing to build motivation
- Understanding the habit
- Effects of smoking
- Wanting to Quit
- Why do you smoke test
- Triggers and coping strategies
- Confirming your decision
- Help, support, contracts, rewards
- Winning Strategies
- Withdrawal symptoms & benefits of quitting
- Relaxation skills
- The New You and lifestyle changes
- Exercise and weight control
- Social Situations
- Learn to assert yourself
- Relaxation & exercise strategies
- Coping and your new self image
- Lifestyle changes
- Graduation (and celebration!)
Contact us for more information.
* Hughes, J.R. (2000). New Treatments for Smoking Cessation. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 50, 143-151.
Lando, H.A., McGovern, P.G., Barrios, F.X. and Etringer, B.D. (1990). Comparative evaluation of American Cancer Society and American Lung Association smoking cessation clinics. American Journal of Public Health, 80, 554-559.