PsyMontreal psychologists can help you in your endeavors to attain the following goals:
One important goal in life is to be happy. We aim to help our clients develop skills and attitudes that lead to greater happiness and control of depressive moods. Are you often sad or is happiness something difficult for you to experience? Are there events in your life that causes you emotional distress? Do you want to understand why this is happening and intervene to gain control?
- Improve your mood & alleviate depression
- Adapt a positive outlook & reduce negative thoughts
- Manage the physical and environmental changes associated with sadness
Do you feel nervous in social settings, during work related tasks.just anxious in general? Is it bothering you or would you like to feel in greater control?
- Eliminate fears and worries.
- Decrease anxiety, eliminate panic attacks, control phobias.
- Become more efficient at feeling calm and in control.
Gain an expertise that will put stressful circumstances in a new light. Are you tired, often feeling tense? Do you feel that issues are unmanageable, or have trouble sleeping? Do you feel like your distress reduces your enjoyment of life?
- Manage stress
- Reduce work-related stress & recover from burnout
- Manage and maintain a healthy mental balance with all of the demands of life
- Change behaviours that can help you cope with stress
Click here to find out more about stress reduction and relaxation.
Increase your personal productivity with efficient time management and personal management techniques and increase your motivation to do what’s best for you.
Click here to find out more about excellence coaching.
- Improve your adjustment to motherhood
- Feel closer to your baby
- Manage depression and anxiety during pregnancy
- Decrease your chances of developing postpartum depression
Click here to find more about postpartum depression.
- Manage depression and anxiety related to fertility problems
- Obtain help with difficult decisions regarding your reproductive health
- Improve intimacy and sexual relations with your partner
- Stop arguing: improve communication and negotiation abilities with your partner
Click here to find more about couple therapy.
- Improve communication between members of the family
- Support a family member
- Learn to overcome complex situations
Click here to find more about family therapy.
- Improve your child’s self-esteem
- Manage performance anxiety
- Help your child against bullying
- Get help with your child’s behavioral issues
Click here to find more about child therapy.
- Discover your better self
- Make positive changes to your life
- Learn tools to manage the stresses associated with student life
Click here to find more about student wellness.
Sometimes, the most difficult aspect of starting or maintaining positive changes in your life is your readiness to change. Motivational Interviewing can help work through the ambivalence (I want to change… but I don’t really want to change…) naturally associated with change.
Increase your motivation to undertake and maintain healthy behavior changes, such as smoking cessation, diet, exercise, or any other positive behavior change.
- Increase your ability to eat better and exercise more
- Improve your work / life balance
- Stop smoking and get help to stay smoke free
- Increase your motivation and commitment for positive healthy behavior changes
- Sleep better & manage / alleviate insomnia
Our psychologists use primarily a cognitive behavioural approach to:
- Provide symptom relief / help with management / coping strategies
- Facilitate remission of the disorder / difficulty
- Teach tools to avoid relapse.
Get motivated for health behaviour changes with the clinically proven effectiveness of motivational interviewing
Are you trying to eat healthier, exercise more or undertake any other healthy behaviour change? Do you have a New Year’s Resolution you set year after year? Don’t feel discouraged if you’re having a hard time maintaining (or starting) healthy lifestyle habits. You’re not alone!
As seen in a recent Ipsos-Reid survey about resolutions, the majority of Canadians want to change their habits to become and stay healthy:
61% want to exercise more regularly
53% want to eat more nutritiously
If you know what to do to become or stay healthy, yet are having a hard time getting started or maintaining the change, the psychologists at PsyMontreal can help, using a specific method called Motivational Interviewing.
What is Motivational Interviewing?
It is a method of communication used to increase your motivation to undertake healthy behaviour changes. It has been scientifically demonstrated to increase the success of many healthy behaviours such as eating healthier and exercising more, also leading to biological changes such as weight, cholesterol and blood pressure reduction.
To find out more about how one of our psychologists can help you attain your goals with the help of Motivational Interviewing, please contact us.
Click here to learn about five simple tips to help you undertake your health behaviour changes.
For articles describing the method of motivational interviewing, as well as scientific research results demonstrating its effectiveness, click here.