Below are seven tips that some people find useful in reducing stress. Although they appear simple, they are sometimes hard to apply. A psychologist could help you determine what strategies are best for you, and help you incorporate them into your life.
1. Talk to people: share your feelings and concerns with friends and loved ones.
2. Take breaks when working: take time for yourself and relax, even if it is only for a few minutes.
3. Strive for balance: sometimes one aspect of our lives can suck up most of our energy. Try to maintain a balance between all aspects of our lives such as work, leisure, and family.
4. Take one step at a time: Try to plan and organize your day. Break large tasks that overwhelm you into smaller parts.
5. Keep expectations realistic: because humans are not perfect, allow yourself to make mistakes.
6. Be active: get outside, exercise and enjoy the fresh air.
7. Get rest: make sure you get the sleep that your body needs.
We are here to help you.
For more information on our services, or for help on deciding which of our team psychologists to choose, don’t hesitate to contact our clinic coordinator at 514-337-2473, ext. 0, and it is with great pleasure that we will discuss with you the psychological services we can offer you.